The village of  LLANASA

Walks

Teithiau cerdded

Village background  Cefndir y Pentref

Listed buildings

  Adeiladau Rhestredig

Archives

Archif

Digital Trails

Llwybrau Digidol

Events

Digwyddiadau

GYRN CASTLE

Links to Gyrn Castle:

1937

2017

OWNERS OF GYRN CASTLE
1730   Roger Mostyn of Cilcain.


1749   Rev. Samuel Edwards of Montgomery.


1750   Thomas Hughes of Halkyn.


            James Ewer of Holywell.


1817   John Douglas.


1853   Edward Bates of Hampshire. MP for Plymouth. Shipowner.


            Inherited by Edward Percy Bates. Had 7 sons. [1845 – 1946].

            Sir Percy Bates was Chairman of Cunard in 1930.


            Inherited by brother: F.A. Bates.


            Inherited by Sir Geoffrey Bates M.C. Banker. [1921 – 2005].


2012   Bought by David and Charlotte Howard (daughter of Sir G Bates).

1