The village of  LLANASA

Best Kept Community Village 2019

1953

ARCHIVE 3

2015.  South facing

links:

In 1675, the two storey Gyrn Arms was built facing North (picture).

The main doorway still remains (picture).

In the late 19th Century, West Lodge was built onto the back top floor of The Gyrn Arms, facing south {up hill) and west (towards Gyrn Castle). Eventually West lodge merged with the Gyrn Arms to become the Gyrn Arms hotel. After its closure in 1953, the public house reverted to West Lodge. Those windows faced with yellow brick reflect what is West Lodge. 

2015.  North facing

One and the same building